Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that joining a new social group can be intimidating, so we have produced the following FAQs to help you mentally prepare yourself for your first meeting.
- How much does it cost? Meetings are free to attend and there are no membership fees. The venue is kindly provided for free, but attendees are encouraged to use venue’s bar.
- Should I bring a computer? It is not required, but many members choose to bring a laptop, tablet, phone etc. Some members have been known to bring their desktops!
- Is there Wi-Fi available? The venue provides a free Wi-Fi connection.
- Do I need to be a Linux user? No. We are a non-discriminatory group and welcome users of all operating systems. Members are welcome to bring their Windows, OS X and BSD (other operating systems do exist) machines.
- Is food available? Yes. Lincoln Bowl have a good menu selection, it is reasonably priced and the quality is excellent. Ribs and burgers are a LUG favourite, but vegetarian options are also available.
- How many members attend? The LUG sees a varied attendance, but we average around 10 – 12 attendees per month.
- How old is the LUG? The LUG was started by Becky Newborough and the first meeting was held on Tuesday 27th September, 2011.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch.
We Are Social
You can find us on the following social networks:
The code for this website is hosted on Github. LUG members are encouraged to clone it, make changes and submit pull requests. Get involved and contribute!